Tuesday, November 8, 2011

begin.

my name is Rachel. This is my third blog and I am so excited for it! Background: i graduated from high school this past May and didn’t really have my future laid out completely. i knew that i wanted to go to BYU but at first that wasn’t going to happen because i was denied admittance for the fall semester. I went for the summer term to basically figure out what options I even had. So. Worth. It! It was a BLAST! I stayed in Provo during the fall semester though, to work and save money. Most people I met assumed I planned to start school late, but that wasn’t my A Plan. Starting in the winter was like Plan G but all my other options fell through so Plan G it was! I updated my application for BYU and then one day, I got the best email of my life. I was accepted to BYU beginning in the winter semester and I was relieved of a HUGE weight. Phew! I’m not really in college right now, but considering how often I am on campus and at school functions, I think it is appropriate to start this blog a few months before I actually start classes. As for the title of my blog, my grandpa inspired me when he and I ate dinner together one evening. He was giving his philosophy on college. You see, he’s been to college and has put his 8 kids through it, too. I thought his comment was a perfect and simple explanation of my current/ future college experiences.

i hope that what i share will make you smile, ponder, cry, anticipate, cherish, and remember. i hope that this blog will have some impact on you in whatever stage of life you may be experiencing.

{LL: Bon A Petit!}

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were doing this. Following your Mom's crazy example. Looking forward to your posts!! Love you darling daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your link on Facebook and couldn't be happier to hear that you got accepted to BYU! Look forward to hearing your musings. :). Take care, love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad it is all working out for you!

    ReplyDelete